Sunday, March 31, 2013

Steampunk Pendant with Prima Junkyard Findings

Using some copper wire I purchased at the local Army Surplus store, an old scrabble tile, some Prima Junkyard Findings that I just found at the Stinkin Cute Scrapbook Shop and Boutique in Blackfoot, Idaho, some odds and ends in the steampunk embellishment drawers and a glass crystal (from my hoard) -- here's my first attempt at making a Steampunk inspired pendant. 

I bent and hammered the wire, poured in some melted UTEE mixed with some Perfect Pearls and here it is! was so much fun -- now that I've worked out the kinks, you'll probably see more in the next posts! (without some of the mistakes hopefully)

LOOK at how cute these teeny tiny gears from Prima's Junkyard Finding make this pendant!

I left the center bent on purpose to offset the hang.

This glass crystal came from the wedding section at Hobby Lobby (I tore apart the chandelier dangle)

"A" is for Art ... or my nieces Amber and Alley that I originally designed this for this weekend. :)

Holding this up to the light so you can see the translucency of the UTEE I poured into the square, then wire wrapped.
All the items on the UTEE were attached using E6000 glue.

2 comments:

  1. Omg so I'm in love with your stuff. So glad I randomly found you through buying your scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!! makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when somebody likes something I make :D Hope you are enjoying your stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete